- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – pounded 1/4 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup sweet cooking sherry
- With a mortar and pestle grind the oregano. Sift together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Coat the chicken pieces well.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil and butter. Slice onion into rings and separate. When oil and butter is hot saute’ onions until just carmelized. Set aside and place chicken breasts in skillet and brown on both sides about 6 minutes per side over medium heat. Remove and set aside.
- to the skillet, add the wine, lemon juice and sherry. Stir, reduce heat, and cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce is partially reduced and begins to thicken.
Return chicken breasts to the skillet. Spoon sauce over the chicken.
Cover and cook over low heat for about 5-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
Hubby doesn’t care for cooked mushrooms, but you hardly miss them. If you want to add the mushrooms back in, slice 1 cup mushrooms and add at the same time as the wine and sherry.