1 cup crab meat
1 cup celery, finely chopped
1 hard boiled egg, diced
3 large sweet pickles, chopped
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2-3 sprinkles Frank’s red hot sauce
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1-3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Flake the crab into small pieces.
- Toss crab, celery, egg, pickles in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle seasonings over crab mixture.
- Fold in mayonnaise to desired consistency and mix well.
- Chill overnight.
- Serve on a lettuce leaf and garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and a lemon slice.
Adapted from the recipe on page 459 as adapted from ‘A Thousand Ways to Please a Husband’ by Louise Bennett Weaver and Helen Cowles LeCron