but I had already pre-posted this recipe while on vacation – so enjoy!
hosted by Overwhelmed with Joy
2 bunches green onions, sliced
1/2 pound mushrooms, washed and sliced
1 clove garlic
3 tablespoons butter
1 pound sirloin steak, cubed*
1 egg white
1 teaspoon cornstarch
3 tablespoons red wine
14 oz. beef consomme
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
2 cups egg noodles (4 oz. dry)
1 cup sour cream
- Whisk together the egg white and cornstarch.
- Toss meat in egg mixture and let sit for 1 hour.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Over medium heat quickly stir fry meat pieces, remove and set aside.
- In the same pan saute’ the onions, mushrooms and garlic until lightly browned.
- Scrape bottom to loosen and add meat back in.
- Add the red wine, consomme, salt and pepper. Simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- Stir in noodles, cover and cook until noodles are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add enough Kitchen Bouquet to attain desired color.
- Add sour cream and mix well. Heat quickly , but DO NOT BOIL! Sour cream will curdle if you cook it too quickly.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve immediately!
*stew meat works, but tends to be tougher
I do the memes: Menu Plan Monday hosted by Laura at I’m an Organizing Junkie, Favorite Ingredient Friday hosted by Kathryn at Overwhelmed with Joy, Freezer Food Friday hosted by MJ at mjpuzzlemom, Scrumptious Sunday hosted by Meredith at Mercedes Rocks and Slow Cooking Thursday hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Doing them all make great additions to help keeping me on track and finding so new recipes!