Slow Cooking Thursday is hosted by Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.
4 chicken breasts
2 cups water
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
1 tablespoon olive oil**
1 teaspoon minced garlic (jar)
2 large onions, chopped
1/4 cup lime juice
4 ounce can diced green chilies
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 cans cannelini beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
1 cup shredded jack cheese
- Cook chicken in broth and drain reserving liquid.*
- Shred the chicken and set aside.*
- In the olive oil, saute the garlic and onion until carmelized.*
- Place chicken, garlic and onions in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In the reserved broth stir in the lime juice, seasonings and chilies.
- Pour over the chicken mixture.
- Cook on low for 2-4 hours.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with cheese.
**Omit if not sauteing.