hosted by Overwhelmed with Joy
1 cup vegetable oil
2 jumbo eggs
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour + 2 tablespoons
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups diced apple pieces
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup orange juice
1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl pour the orange juice over the raisins and set aside to soak.
- Cream together the oil, eggs and sugar.
- Add the vanilla and blend smooth.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the cream mixture and blend until smooth.
- Drain raisins.
- Fold in the apples, raisins and nuts.
- Pour into prepared loaf* pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes and then frost OR glaze.
*Thanks to a great tip from sis-in-law I sometimes make this in the mini loaf pans or a Texas muffin pan and freeze many to save for snacks.
2 cups powdered sugar
8 ounces cream cheese
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Blend all together until smooth.
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
pinch of cinnamon
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Heat butter and milk together in microwave until butter is melted.
- Blend in cinnamon and powdered sugar until smooth and the consistency of maple syrup.
I do the memes: Menu Plan Monday hosted by Laura at I’m an Organizing Junkie, Favorite Ingredient Friday hosted by Kathryn at Overwhelmed with Joy, Freezer Food Friday hosted by MJ at mjpuzzlemom, Scrumptious Sunday hosted by Meredith at Mercedes Rocks and Slow Cooking Thursday hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Doing them all make great additions to help keeping me on track and finding so new recipes!