1 package Jimmy Dean bulk sausage
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper or more to your personal taste
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 3/4 cups whole milk
3/4 cups whipping cream
- Brown the sausage in a skillet until crisp and crumbled.
- Drain grease from sausage ans set aside.
- Add butter to skillet and with a flat edged spatula scrape up ALL those little bits of sausage so they can flavor your gravy as it cooks.
- Reduce the heat and add flour, stirring constantly until absorbed by butter and golden.
- Slowly add first the milk and then the cream, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Add sausage pieces back in and heat through.
- Serve over White Cheddar Biscuits.
- We like to add a scrambled egg on top of the biscuit before the gravy.