Scrumptious Sunday hosted by Meredith at Mercedes Rocks
3 medium carrots, cut into coins or strips
3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled & cubed
1 large bunch green onions, sliced
handful of green beans, cut into bite size pieces
2 tablespoons minced garlic, jar
1/2 cup red wine
1 tablespoon better than bouillon beef base
2 1/2 cups V8
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons tapioca beads
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon celery seeds
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon thyme
- Coat meat pieces lightly in flour.
- In a large dutch oven mix together the wine and V8. Dissolve the bouillon into it.
- Add the brown sugar, tapioca, garlic & seasonings.
- Bring to a slow boil.
- Add meat and cook 15 minutes.
- Add vegetables.
- Cover and bake at 275 degrees for 5 hours.
*I try to watch for sales on a higher grade meat and cut it into my own stew meat for a better flavor and texture.
An alternate recipe that worked reallllllllly well when I was out of a few ingredients was:
1 can carrot coins with juice (I was out fresh carrots)
1 can tomato sauce
1 can stewed tomatoes (no tomato juice)
1/2 bag frozen broccoli florets