2 pounds chuck steak or roast, cut into bite size pieces*
1 small Vidalia onion, diced
2 teaspoons minced garlic, jar
1/2 teaspoon each sea salt and white pepper
1 heaping tablespoon sweet paprika
1/3 cup flour
1 can plain diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup sour cream
2 cups dry egg noodles
- Spray sides of 3 quart slow cooker with PURE.
- Pour 1/2 of the tomatoes into the slow cooker.
- Add the onions and garlic.
- In a bag combine the flour, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Coat beef pieces well, using all of the mixture by patting into the beef pieces.
- Add to slow cooker.
- Pour remaining tomatoes over top.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours until meat is tender.
- Just before serving, add the sour cream and heat through.
- Serve over prepared egg noodles.
*Don’t cut the fat off. It’s that fat that helps make the meat tender. And you do need a little in your diet.
Normally the meat, onion and garlic would have been sauteed in an oil or butter and you would have spent time at the stove doing that. Now we have eliminated the time and the fat. It is still just as tasty too! So, in our opinion the 1st rework recipe is a total success!