HOME MADE CHUNKY BANANA APPLE SAUCE
4 large Apples (I like Pink Lady or Braeburns)
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 can peach nectar (Papaya or pineapple are good too or plain orange juice in a pinch)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cup sugar
- In a large sauce pan pour nectar over raisins and let sit while you prepare apples.
- Wash, core, peel and chop apples.
- Peel bananas and mash.
- Add water to sauce pan and stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Add cinnamon and mix well.
- Add apples and bananas to the raisins and cook over medium heat until until apples are tender and mush easily.
- Mush to desired consistency.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool and chill.
- Can be kept in refrigerator for a week though it never lasts that long around here.
- Also freezes well in small batches.
I also participate in the memes: Menu Plan Monday hosted by Laura at I’m an Organizing Junkie, Favorite Ingredient Friday hosted by Kathryn at Overwhelmed with Joy, Freezer Food Friday hosted by MJ at mjpuzzlemom, Scrumptious Sunday hosted by Meredith at Mercedes Rocks, Homemaker Mondays hosted by Robyn at 11th Heaven’s Homemaking Haven, Making a Happy Home Monday hosted by LL at As for me and my house…, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace, Slow Cooking Thursday & Tips on Tuesday hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom, $5 Dinners is hosted by Erin at $5 DInners and Tempt my Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace. Doing them all make great additions to help keeping me on track and finding so new recipes!