From the Kitchen & New Recipes I’m sharing:
SPECIAL SECRET HAM GLAZE
1 cup molasses
3 cups packed brown sugar
1 bottle root beer
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
7-10 pound ham, spiral cut.
- Blend together all ingredients (except ham).
- Place ham in a shallow roasting pan.
- Coat ham with glaze.
- Cover and allow to sit 48 hours in refrigerator.
- Bring to room temperature before baking.
- Wrap tightly with foil.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 6-7 hours until done.
- Unwrap and baste once an hour making sure to get glaze between the layers.
- Unwrap, increase heat to 450 degrees and bake another 15 minutes for a crisp skin.
SOUTHWEST CHICKEN ENCHILADA CORN CHOWDER
3 tablespoons butter
1 medium Vidalia onion, chopped
3 cups shredded chicken*
3 cups Green Giant frozen shoepeg corn
4 cups water
1 teaspoon Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
10 ounce can Old El Paso Red Enchilada sauce
1 cup long grain rice
2 cups heavy cream
- In slow cooker whisk together the water, enchilada sauce, bouillon, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter and saute onion until translucent. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add chicken pieces and corn.
- Cook on low 3 hours.
- Add rice and cook 3 more hours.
- Add cream and heat through.
*On Tuesdays, my local grocer offers rotisserie chickens 2 for the price of 1. This is when I buy them. I tear off all the meat and boil the carcasses, skin and fat to make my own broth. I store the chicken in 3 cups measures – perfect for just about everything, and then freeze them for soups and casseroles.
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter. softened
6 large egg whites
1 cup sparkling apple cider
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
16 large marshmallows
1/2 cup raspberry jam
1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons sparkling apple cider
1/4 teaspoon red food color
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2-9 inch round pans.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until fluffy (about 1 minute).
- Add the egg whites and mix on high until light and fluffy (about 1 minute).
- Gradually add half of the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Add sparkling apple juice and mix until well blended.
- Add remaining dry ingredients until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean from center.
- Cool in pans, on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and continue cooling on wire rack.
- While cakes cool prepare filling. In a double boiler melt butter.
- Add marshmallows and stir until mixture is consistent.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- While filling is cooling, prepare the frosting.
- Beat sugar until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar gradually.
- Add the sparkling cider, food color and salt. Mix on high until creamy and fluffy.
- Place 1st cake on a cake plate. If you want to be really creative you can slice each of these cakes in half to create a total of 4 layers.
- Stir raspberry jam into marshmallow cream and layer on top of first cake.
- Place second cake on top of filling.
Psalm 23 explained
The Lord is my Shepherd = That’s Relationship!
I shall not want = That’s Supply!
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures = That’s Rest!
He leadeth me beside the still waters = That’s Refreshment!
He restoreth my soul = That’s Healing!
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness = That’s Guidance!
For His name sake = That’s Purpose!
Yea, though I walk through the valley of t he shadow of death = That’s Testing!
I will fear no evil = That’s Protection!
For Thou art with me = That’s Faithfulness!
Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me = That’s Discipline!
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies = That’s Hope!
Thou annointest my head with oil = That’s Consecration!
My cup runneth over = That’s Abundance!
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life = That’s Blessing !
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord = That’s Security!
Forever = That’s Eternity!
What is most valuable, is not what we have in our lives, but WHO we have in our lives!
‘ Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet’