egg white (save the yolk for the fried rice)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3/4 pound thin pork chops (chicken works great too)
1 large bunch green onions, sliced thin
1 cup snow peas
3/4 cup carrots slices
1 cup broccoli florets
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 cup orange juice
- An hour before you plan on cooking slice pork chops into thin strips.
- Whisk together the egg white and cornstarch.
- Coat pork strips in egg mixture and chill for 1 hour.
- Slice the onions, carrots and broccoli to bite size pieces.
- Cut the snow peas in half if they are large or leave whole.
- Heat peanut oil to medium high.
- Stir Fry pork pieces quickly and remove to drain on paper towel.
- Add vegetables and stir fry until tender. Add pork slices back in.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil and orange juice.
- Add to the pan and toss to coat.
- Heat through until glaze forms.
- Serve with Fried Rice (recipe follows).
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 eggs + the yolk from the above recipe
2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/8 cup soy sauce
2 green onions, sliced thin
1/4 cup diced broccoli
1/4 cup peas
1/4 cup diced carrots
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a small pan scramble the eggs and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and saute vegetables until tender.
- Add the rice, soy sauce and sesame oil, stirring constantly.
- Just before serving add egg back in and heat through.