I’ve been trying to get more and more vegetables into our diet as we approach spring and stir fry has been a great taste tempting treat for us recently.
3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 JUMBO egg white
2 bunches green onions, sliced thin
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced thin
1 cup bean sprouts (optional)*
1 cup honey roasted cashews, whole or chopped
1/4 cup sweet cooking rice wine
1/8 cup bead molasses
1/8 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together the cornstarch and egg white. Coat the chicken strips and chill 1 hour before preparing the meal.
- Heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil.
- Quickly stir fry the mushrooms, onions and bean sprouts.
- Lift out veggies with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon +/- of peanut oil and heat.
- Add chicken pieces and stir fry until white and tender.
- Whisk together the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, bead molasses, salt and sugar. Add to pan and coat chicken well and continue stir frying until most of the liquid is absorbed and chicken is glazed.
- Add veggies back in as well as the cashews. Mix well and heat through.
- Serve over rice or with noodles.
*You just can’t always get fresh and I don’t care for the canned.