CREAMY CHICKEN & CHEESE PASTA
8 ounces bowtie pasta (or pasta of your choice)
¼ cup flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
1¼ cups grated Gruyere cheese
2 tablespoons butter
1½ pounds chicken tenders
2 teaspoons minced garlic, jar
2 tablespoons white wine
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- Whisk together the flour, salt and milk in a large skillet. Stir thoroughly to combine. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook until slightly thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in ¾ cup of the cheese, stirring until melted. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Generously sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt and pepper while browning. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onions and garlic and cook over medium-high heat until garlic is fragrant and onions are tender.
- Add wine and , Italian seasoning, pepper flakes and cook until heated through.
- In a large bowl add the pasta and chicken to the cheese mixture and toss to combine.
- Portion into oven proof pasta bowls sprayed with PURE or a 2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to brown.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.