GLAZED GREEN BEANS
2 pounds green beans, cleaned and trimmed
4 slices bacon, chopped into small pieces
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a large pot bring salted water to a boil and add the beans. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- While the beans are cooking, brown the bacon in a large skillet, about 5 minutes. When the bacon is brown and almost crisp add the green onions and thyme and cook until the onions are tender, about 3 more minutes.
- Stir in sugar and cook until golden.
- Add the beans and toss well.
- Add the vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Scrape all the bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Cook a few more minutes until the beans are glazed.