1 package puff pastry
2 tablespoons butter
1 can Comstock Peach Pie filling
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup vanilla wafer/ginger snap cookie crumbs
2 tablespoonS packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
French vanilla ice cream
- Thaw the pastry sheets at room temperature until they’re easy to handle (about 45 minutes).
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Whisk together the softened cream cheese and pineapple.
- Unfold pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10-inch square. Cut the pastry sheet into 4 (5-inch) squares. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of peach pie filling into the center of each square.
- Brush the edges of the pastry squares with the egg.
- Fold each pastry in half over the cream cheese mixture and chocolate chips and press the edges to seal.
- Place the filled pastries onto the baking sheets.
- Brush the tops of the pastries with the egg.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden. Let cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove the pastries to a wire rack and let cool.
- Heat the butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the walnuts, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and cinnamon to the skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until the mixture is golden.
- Top the turnovers with French Vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle with the crumb mixture.
If you like to play along, please add this button, link to this post with your recipe and sign Mr. Linky. Be sure to include your recipe in parenthesis following your name. Thanks and have fun. Don’t forget to leave a comment and visit everyone.
What is this all about? Go here for all the details.