Click on the button to check out other menus at Menu Planning Monday, hosted by Laura, the Organizing Junkie.
I have to admit, I am not much of a planner. Now that I am cooking for two adults (my mother and I) and a 12 year old (my daughter) I feel like my culinary skills (such as they are) are better appreciated so I am going to be trying out new things, and for that I need to PLAN AHEAD. If worst comes to worst, and Tara does not like something new I cook, some Barilla Plus Angel Hair Pasta and Marinara sauce is just minutes away!
This week I have found some recipes out of Clean Eating magazine, which I am loving. I am going to try them out, if they are good, I will be sharing them in my Healthy Helping Meme on Thursdays!
Breakfast – unplanned
- Egglands Best Eggs, canadian bacon & cheese for Tara (or if there are leftovers that she likes, I always figured as long as she had something nutritious in her belly for school who cared if it was last night’s dinner!)
- Low Fat Plain Yogurt, with honey (or I just bought Agave nectar), and fresh berries and some Kashi Go Lean crunch for me or egg white omelete, etc.
- Cereal for my mom!
Lunch (generally unplanned)
- Monday – Southwest Sunshine Burger on Arnold Sandwich thins, with sliced tomato, avocado and watermelon (Sunshine burgers are made from ground sunflower seeds, and really ROCK!)
- Tuesday – Feta & Mint Couscous Salad (this was awesome and will be shared on Thurs)
- That’s as far as I know….
Dinner – Monday – Friday (order may change)
- Sunday – Left over Lasagna
- Monday – Steamed flounder, fresh steamed spinach and Couscous
- Tuesday – Spareribs, Trader Joes, sweet potato fries, and steamed broccoli & cauliflower(We got 10 lbs of spare ribs for $9.90 today) Edited to add – the spareribs were awesome. I added 1 bottle of BBQ with a little orange juice, covered and slow cooked in a 300 degree over for about 3 hours. The baked sweet potato fries were delicious, a healthy alternative to french fries.
- Wednesday – Lentil Brown Rice Cakes w/Southwestern Salad
- Thursday – Black Bean Fajita Meatball Pitas
- Friday – Stuffed Chicken w/Vegetables and Lemon Basil Pasta
- Saturday’s are normally clean up, or breakfast for dinner (waffles, pancakes, etc)
Strawberry & Peach (I will be replacing w/Blueberries) Lemon Shortcake