BLACK BEAN CORN CAKES with CHILI PEPPER SOUR CREAM
15 ounce can black beans
11 ounce can white shoe peg corn
1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
1 medium egg
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Whisk the sour cream, red pepper flakes and chili powder until well blended. Chill.
- In a colander drain the black beans and corn. Drain and rinse well.
- Mash the beans and corn.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the muffin mix and egg.
- Add bean mixture and cayenne pepper, blending well.
- Form into 6 patties. They will be gooey so I like to spray my patty maker with PURE first.
- Layer patties between wax paper and freeze for 2 hours ( no more or they will be too frozen and mushy in the middle)
- Melt butter or oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook 5 minutes on each side until golden and crispy.
- Serve with Chili pepper sour cream and warm tortillas or Quesadilla pieces.
Healthy Helpings is hosted by Martha at The Krazy Kitchen
Stretch Your Food Dollar Wednesday is hosted by ME at The Krazy Kitchen
Tasty Tuesday is hosted by Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
Tuesdays at the Table is normally hosted by Andrea over at My Chihauhau Bites but Andrea is taking a break while she has her baby and is being hosted by Cole for a while.