1 package milk chocolate chips
4 eggs, separated
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pint whipping cream
1/4 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup marshmallows
1/2 cup Heath Bar pieces
1 angel food cake broken into bite sized pieces
optional ~ sliced strawberries added throughout
optional ~ serve with French vanilla ice cream
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave 30 seconds at a time so they don’t burn. Cool slightly.
- Beat the egg yolks and add to chocolate mixture.
- Beat egg whites. Add sugar.
- Add egg white mixture to chocolate mixture also.
- Stir in vanilla and salt until well blended.
- Stir in nuts and Heath Bar pieces.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold cream into chocolate mixture.
- Place a layer of angel food pieces on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour 1/3+ of chocolate mixture over top.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over top.
- Top with the rest of the angel food cake pieces.
- Pour remaining chocolate mixture over top.
- Chill overnight.
- Invert on a plate.
** this picture depicts a half portion of the above recipe.
Save Room for Dessert and What Did you Bake Today are hosted over at ThE KraZy KitcHen by Joy & Kristen. Stop by and join in.
Tasty Tuesday is hosted by Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam. Tuesdays at the Table is normally hosted by Andrea over at My Chihauhau Bites but Andrea is taking a break while she has her baby and is being hosted by Cole for a while. Tempt my Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace.