Just in case you’re looking for a “healthy” sugar-free snack in keeping with any New Year’s resolutions…here you go!
- 1/2 cup butter – softened
- 2 medium bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 1 and 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped dates
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For Topping:
- 1/2 cup (heaping) chopped dates
- 1/2 cup (heaping) flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup (heaping) chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 13×9 baking pan with a generous coating of cooking spray.
Cream butter and bananas in a mixing bowl. Add eggs, water and vanilla extract and mix well.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix well. Add chopped dates and mix well.
Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out evenly with the back of a spoon.
Combine all topping ingredients in a small bowl or cup and sprinkle topping evenly over batter.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.