Salmon Fillets with Creamy Horseradish Sauce (This was supposed to be grilled but I baked it in the oven.)
SAUCE **pareve means not dairy nor meat
- ¾ cup sour cream (or you can use **pareve milk heated and thickened with cornstarch, adding salt, pepper and dill weed to tasted – cool and use as sour cream) (I used Tofutti sour cream which is non dairy)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsps. prepared horseradish (I used white)
- 2 tbsps. chopped fresh or dried basil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice, fresh or bottled
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 3 tbsps. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 6 1-inch-thick salmon fillets
Spray baking pan with nonstick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk oil, horseradish, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in another bowl. Brush oil mixture over both sides of the salmon fillets. Bake the salmon until just opaque in the center, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the salmon to plates. Serve with sauce. (I baked it for about ten minutes a side in the oven).
Makes 6 servings. This was super delicious. I was concerned the horseradish would give it a harsh taste but it was just right mixed with the rest of the ingredients. I recommend this one.