HOMEMADE PASTA DOUGH
2 to 2 1/2 cups flour, divided 2 cups and 1/2 cup
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon cold water
- Place 2 cups of the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the flour.
- Add the eggs and water to the flour.
- With your hands or a wooden spoon, gradually mix all together until well blended.
- Gather into a ball and knead on a floured surface until smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining flour as necessary to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands or the kneading surface.
- Divide the dough into fourths.
2 tablespoons butter
1 large bunch green onion, minced
1/2 pound mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
3 teaspoons minced garlic, jar
1/2 cup freshly grated Asiago Parmesan cheese
1 eggs, slightly beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a small skillet and cook the onions, stir and cook until onions are transparent.
- Add mushrooms and simmer until tender.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Season to taste.
- Divide the pasta dough into 4 balls and roll out one at a time about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of filling about every 2 inches apart on the sheet of pasta.
- With a brush dipped in water draw lines between the mounds.
- Then place a second sheet of pasta evenly over the first sheet, but work quickly ~the dough must remain pliable.
- Press down between the mounds to form the ravioli envelopes. The wet areas of the pasta sheet will help seal the ravioli.
- With a ravioli cutter or a serrated knife separate from each other.
- Cook ravioli in large kettle of chicken broth or salted water. Boil slowly for about 10 minutes. Drain. Always add 1 tablespoon of oil to the cooking water for a better noodle.
- Layer ravioli and sauce.
- Sprinkle fresh grated Parmesan cheese on last layer and serve, hot.