Dave at My Year on The Grill has dared, double dared in fact us KrAzY kitchen ladies to do a recipe. In my case the joke is on him. My niece had told me about this chocolate covered bacon she’d had at a county fair and it intrigued me so much I made it back at Thanksgiving time. It didn’t last long around that house full of bacon lovers. I then took it one step farther and caramelized the bacon first – talk about a taste treat for the tongue!
CARAMELIZED CHOCOLATE COVERED BACON
10 slices thick bacon
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoons cider or balsamic vinegar
1 cup milk chocolate morsels
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together the brown sugar and vinegar.
- Toss bacon slices in the mixture, packing it onto the slices.
- Layer bacon and onions on grilling rack.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until JUST crisp. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- Cool completely.
- In a double boiler combine chocolate, butter and milk until creamy.
- Carefully dip bacon slices.
- Cool on wax paper.