4 artichoke hearts
2 large button mushrooms, chopped small
4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
4 slices Gruyere’ cheese (tonight I used a jack cheddar combo)
4 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs seasoned with:
1 teaspoon dill
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Carefully scoop out insides of tomatoes and drain juices from the shells.
- Place tomatoes, hole side up, in baking dish and put in oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together Parmesan, breadcrumbs, dill, garlic, and onion.
- Remove tomato shells from oven.
- Into the center of each put one whole or 1/2 artichoke heart.
- Break one large egg over each artichoke heart and then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of Parmesan and seasoned breadcrumb mix.
- Place “volcanoes” back into oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes. (Time depends on how you prefer eggs cooked… if you want hard yolks, bake for 1/2 hour.)
- Top with cheese and cook 5 minutes more.
- Serve hot with side condiments of sour cream, chopped chives, green chili salsa, or others of your imagination!
Next time I’m going to add some crab to the mix!
And have you heard about CSN stores?
Remember all these wish list posts I did about all the wonderful quality kitchen dreams and wishes I have? Well,all the items I’m dreaming about to complete my dream kitchen are available from these sites.
I’m envisioning an awesomePOT ROAST & ROASTED VEGGIES in the very near future as well as TROPICAL GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN and OATNUT SOURDOUGH HERB DRESSING and TURKEY TETTRAZINI and RITZY CARROT & BROCCOLI CASSEROLE and…