April is National Grilled Cheese Month so to celebrate let me offer this:
GRILLED ONION TOMATO BACON CHEESE SANDWICHES
4 slices thick sourdough bread
6 slices bacon, cooked crisp
thin sliced red onions
sharp cheddar cheese slices
2 tablespoons butter
- Melt butter on skillet
- Lay all four slices on skillet to brown.
- On 2 slices arrange in the following order the cheese slices, tomatoes, bacon slices and onion rings.
- Top with the other 2 bread slices and continue toasting, turning as necessary until brownness.
1 tablespoon butter
- Peel and core apple.
- Slice into thin rings.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add apple rings.
- Cook until soft and golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Cool & Eat.
APPLE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES
4 Oatnut Bread slices
1 large apple, peeled, cored and grated
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons butter
- Mix together the grated apple and cheddar cheese.
- Spread the mustard over 2 of the bread slices.
- Top with apple and cheese mixture. Add top slice of bread.
- In a large skillet melt the butter.
- Grill sandwiches to desired crispness.
1 large can white albacore tuna packed in water, drained and drained again!
8 sweet pickles, chopped fine
2 green onions, chopped fine
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 hard boiled egg, chilled, peeled and chopped fine
2-4 tablespoons butter
1 slice Muenster cheese
1 slice extra sharp cheese
4 slices frozen potato bread
- Drain the tuna in a fine mesh sieve and then use a spoon to mash all the water out again! Drying out the tuna is crucial.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Chop the sweet pickles and green onions extremely fine.
- Fold tuna, pickles and onions into Mayonnaise mixture.
- Chop egg finely and fold into mixture.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter on griddle over medium high heat. Add more as necessary to keep from burning.
- Toast all 4 slices of bread while still frozen*.
- When butter is melted lay all 4 slices in butter and top 2 slices with muenster and the other 2 slices with the sharp cheddar. Allow them to heat through, melting the cheese.
- Add the tuna to 2 slices and close them up.
- Continue cooking until golden on all sides and heated through.
*Using frozen bread makes the bread lighter and more easily toasted golden.
(sorry It’s not a great picture, but it tasted great)
8 ounce tube crescent rolls
1 cup grated mild Cheddar cheese
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup grated Swiss cheese
1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
8 ounce package Philadelphia cream cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon melted butter
- Unroll crescent roll dough and divide in half.
- Line the bottom of an 8×8 ungreased baking dish with half of the dough. Seal the perforated edges.
- Layer the cheeses over the dough.
- Pour the egg evenly over top.
- Top with remaining dough.
- Brush with butter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.