Last week Martha posted her puffs recipe with her shrimp filling and it made me think of my crab salad and it was a good thought! The crab salad was an awesome filling!
PUFFS recipe from Martha at Seaside Simplicity
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan heat water and butter until boiling.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture leaves sides of pan in a smooth compact ball, about 2 minutes, stirring vigorously.
- Remove from heat.
- Add eggs one at the time, beating vigorously until smooth and glossy. Do not under-beat! Drop by teaspoons full onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Once puffs are cooled completely split and stuff with crab salad when ready to serve.
This recipe makes about 20 puffs.
8 ounces Louis Kemp Crab, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
1/3 cup minced red onion
salt and pepper
mayo (about 1/4 cup)
- Mix crab, celery, onion, salt and pepper together until well blended using enough mayonnaise for desired consistency.
- Place a large scoop of crab salad in each puff.