Food around here has been a little bland and colorless recently. So, I wanted to spice things up a bit and this recipe did the trick. Everyone dug in and had seconds too.
GLAZED SESAME CHICKEN STIR FRY
1 pound chicken breasts, poached and shredded
1 red pepper, diced
3 green onions, sliced thin
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups broccoli florets, blanched 2-3 minutes
1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 pound spaghetti noodles, prepared al dente’
- Heat wok or skillet to medium high.
- Add oil and coat pan well.
- Add bell pepper and garlic and cook until pepper is tender.
- Whisk together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and cornstarch.
- Add to the wok. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring well.
- Add chicken.
- Add broccoli tossing well.
- Cook until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add noodles and toss well.