FRENCH ONION CHICKEN
4 chicken breasts
4 tablespoons butter
4 slices bacon, diced and browned
1 package Laura Scudder’s French onion dip mix
2 tablespoons dehydrated red pepper
1/3 cup flour
1 large bunch green onions, sliced
2 cups homemade chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
- Rehydrate the dehydrated red pepper in chicken broth for an hour before beginning to cook.
- In a large skillet melt butter.
- Sift together the flour and Laura Scudder’s green onion dip mix into a large plastic bag.
- One at a time dredge chicken in flour mixture coating well.
- Brown chicken on both sides until crisp.
- Using an electric skillet, spray with PURE.
- Add browned chicken breasts.
- Gently pour the broth mixture around the edges of the chicken.
- Top chicken pieces with green onions.
- Set on 200 degrees and simmer for an hour.
- Brown bacon and drain oil.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Sprinkle the bacon over the chicken pieces.
- Bring drippings to a boil and reduce to 1 cup.
- Remove from heat and quickly whisk in sour cream for gravy.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.