CHOCOLATE PUDDING PIE
1 1/3 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups half & half
2 cups milk
2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pre-baked 9″ pie crust
Whipped cream, for garnish
- Combine sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Over medium heat, whisk in the 2 cups of half & half until the mixture is smooth, then add the 2 cups of milk.
- Continue stirring mixture over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens; this will take about 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, and add chopped semi-sweet chocolate and vanilla, stirring until chocolate melts.
- Pour the pudding into the prebaked crust and refrigerate until pudding sets, about 2 hours.
- Slice and serve with whipped cream, if desired.