Chile Rice Casserole
2 1/2 cups water
1 cup rice
2 cups Sour cream
Salt to taste
2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
4 ounces Green chiles, diced
3 tablespoons Butter or margarine
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add the rice, cover pan, and slowly simmer over low heat until the liquid is absorbed, approximately 30 minutes. Let the rice cool.
- Mix the cooked rice with the sour cream, chiles and salt.
- Mix together the 2 cheeses.
- In the bottom of a greased 1-1/2 qt casserole, spread half the rice mixture.
- Sprinkle with half the grated Jack cheese mixture on top and then add the rest of the rice.
- Top with the remaining Monterey Jack cheese mixture.
- Dot with butter. I also added a chopped tomato for color.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.Serves 8.