Hi everyone, Tamy here filling in for Emily again. This is another recipe that was full of boxed, canned or preserved ingredients that I changed to “scratch” ingredients. It was another great success and will be a wonderful cold weather dish this winter.
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU CASSEROLE
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
2 cups cooked chicken pieces (2 large breasts)**
1 cup ham steak, diced
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
4 cups cooked egg noodles
1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese
2 slices swiss cheese
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray 9×9 baking dish.
- Melt the butter in saucepan.
- Whisk in the flour, poultry seasoning and salt and cook until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and gradually whisk in liquid.
- Return to heat and cook, stirring, until smooth and thickened.
- Set aside to cool.
- Cook noodles, drain and set aside to cool.
- Spray a skillet with PURE.
- Over medium high heat saute chicken pieces and onions until chicken is cooked through.
- Add ham pieces and heat through.
- To the cooled soup mixture add the mayonnaise, parsley flakes and blend well.
- Stir in the chicken, ham and onion mixture until well mixed.
- Fold in egg noodles gently.
- Arrange in baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Top with cheese (see picture above).
- Bake 10 more minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
**This is a great recipe to use with rotisserie chicken pieces!