1/4 cup chopped tart dried cherries, diced
1/2 cup white wine
12 chicken thighs, skin on
1 can Kern’s Apricot nectar
3 tablespoons blood orange vinegar
3 cloves roasted garlic, minced
1 large bunch green onions, sliced thin4 tablespoons butter, divided 1 + 3
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large skillet.
- Brown chicken, salt and peppering generously and to taste until skin is crisp.
- Drain fat, reserving any crisp bits to add to next step.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet.
- Saute’ onion and roasted garlic.
- Add cherry pieces, vinegar, wine and apricot nectar – simmer 20 minutes on low.
- Spray a large baking dish with PURE.
- Lay chicken pieces in a single layer side by side.
- Top with onion mixture.
- Bake uncovered 30-45 minutes uncovered.
- Serve over rice, mashed potatoes or noodles.