A quintessentially Southern cake – sweet, fruit-filled, and will fly off the plate as quick as a hummingbird!
1 package pineapple cake mix
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1-8 oz can crushed pineapple, well drained with juice reserved
1 cup reserved pineapple juice (add water to make 1 cup)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 bananas, small dice
1 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
1/4 cup maraschino cherries, chopped and well drained
Cream cheese glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Butter and flour Bundt pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, melted butter, crushed pineapple, eggs, pineapple juice/water mixture, and cinnamon.
- Beat until well-mixed.
- Gently stir in diced banana, pecans, and cherries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for 20 -25 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- Cool completely before pouring on cream cheese glaze.
- Garnish with additional chopped pecans, if desired.
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat all ingredients together, add more or less of the milk to reach desired consistency.