Fudgey Chocolate Bars
1 cup dark chocolate, chopped (you can use dark chocolate chips)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup self-rising flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Mixture
6 oz cream cheese, softened
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter an 11×7 baking pan and set aside.
- Melt chocolate and 3 tablespoons butter in a double boiler, stirring until smooth, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat 2 eggs and 3/4 cup sugar until thick, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the plain and self-rising flour, along with the melted chocolate and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; stir until well mixed and set aside while making cream cheese mixture.
- Blend cream cheese, softened butter, and vanilla together until smooth; add remaining ingredients, until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour half of brownie mixture into prepared pan, then pour entire cream mixture over brownie base.
- Dollop remaining brownie mixture over cream mixture and swirl with a knife, until there are only a few streaks of white mixture visible.
- Sprinkle on chopped pecans.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 325 degrees until a tester inserted comes out with a few crumbs attached.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.