Hello all! I love sandwiches, and this one is the perfect meaty alternative to your typical cold cut monster! That sounds dirty… anyway!
Roasted Veggie & Goat Cheese Sandwich (serves 3)
3 ciabatta or sour dough rolls
4 ounces goat cheese
6 thinly sliced piece zucchini (long way)
3 plum tomatoes, halved and roasted
6 slices portabello mushrooms
9 fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Before assembling the sandwich, preheat oven to 400.
- Halve plum tomatoes and brush with half the olive oil, and add some salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for about 40 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and zucchini to a new pan and brush with the rest of the salt and pepper and oil.
- Let roast for another 20 minutes.
- Let vegetables cool out of oven, drizzle balsamic on them and let sit.
- Assemble the pieces of bread as follows: Spread 1 ounce goat cheese on each sandwich top.
- Add basil, roasted tomatoes, zucchini, and mushrooms to the bottom
- Add the breads together carefully and presto!
Meet me, Kris, HERE… for more fun! Happy weekend!