1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
5 large very ripe bananas
1 cup blackberries
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 medium not so ripe banana, thinly sliced
1/2 cup butter, melted & cooled
2 JUMBO eggs
3/4+ cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 teaspoons crsytalline sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease your loaf pan with the butter wrapper or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Dust with flour.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Place 5 bananas in a microwave safe bowl and cover with a food cover lid with the vents open.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes – until the bananas are soft and have released their juice.
- Transfer bananas to a sieve and allow them to drain over a small saucepan for about 10-15 minutes.
- Place bananas, raisins and blackberries in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cook juice over a medium high heat for about 5 minutes until juice is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Stir reduced liquid into the banana/blackberry mixture and mash together until well blended.
- Add butter, eggs, vanilla and brown sugar and mix to a smooth consistency.
- Pour banana mixture into flour mixture and with a wooden spoon fold together until just combined.
- Fold in walnuts gently.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Layer banana slices around the edges.
- Sprinkle with crystalline sugar.
- Bake 50-60 minutes based on loaf pan size.