1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with racks in upper and lower thirds.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in vanilla and salt. With mixer on low, gradually add flour, beating just until combined. Fold in pecans.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; and place on two baking sheets, 2 inches apart. With the dampened bottom of a glass, lightly flatten each ball.
- Bake until cookies are golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
- Transfer to wire racks, and let cool. (To store, keep in an airtight container, up to 5 days).
Don’t forget to visit me at The Bad Girl’s Kitchen for more fabulous recipes!