TARTE AUX FRAISES
200gr of flour
100gr of butter
80gr of sugar
1 pinch of salt
or you can also use pre-made pie crust
For the Crème patissière (Pastry cream)
1/2 ltr of Milk
3 eggs yolks
100 gr of sugar
50 gr of flour
50 gr of butter
250gr strawberries. I used more, eye balled it. 1 1/2 rectangular plastic container they come in.
- Combine all ingredients then spread crust in pie pan, bake and let cool. i baked mine covered in foil with an extra pie pan inside to keep it from puffing up. You can also use those acrylic beans thingies.
- Heat milk.
- Whisk egg yolks and add sugar then flour while still whisking.
- Add hot milk slowly and return to heat and continue vigorous whisking until cream thickens. Let cool. I added some vanilla extract to the mixture about 1 1/2 teaspoons.
- Wash cut and then soak strawberries in simple syrup to cut down the natural acidity.
- In cooled pie crust, spread pastry cream then layer strawberries. serve chilled. I heated some strawberry jam and brushed it over the pie.that gave it a glossy look.
- The pie should be refrigerated before cutting and serving. I couldn’t wait more than a few minutes and just dug in.
- Bon Appetit!