Holy Cow Cake
1 package yellow or devil’s food cake mix
1 1/3 cups water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray or butter a 13×9 baking pan, and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, water, vegetable oil, vanilla, and eggs; beat for 1 minute, scraping down sides. Continue to beat for 2-3 minutes, or until well-mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake cake for 35 – 38 minutes.
- Remove from oven and with a chopstick or wooden skewer, poke holes into cake.
- Pour caramel mixture over hot cake, slowly, so that mixture is absorbed into cake.
- Spread cool whip mixture over cake and sprinkle on crushed Butterfingers, if using, or drizzle on extra caramel topping.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
Caramel Mixture and Cream Cheese Topping
8 ounces caramel topping, plus additional for garnish
1 can (14-oz) sweetened condensed milk
4 Butterfinger bars, crushed – optional
12 ounces Cool Whip, defrosted
8 ounces cream cream, softened
- Stir caramel topping and sweetened condensed milk together; set aside until cake is done.
- In another bowl, combine the Cool Whip and cream cheese, beat together until smooth.