Martha from A Sense of Humor is Essential here to fill in for Joanne and to share a special shortbread recipe that is easy to make, with ingredients readily at hand, and has a nice, not too sweet taste, which goes wonderfully with coffee and tea. These cookies are also always a hit at baby showers, bridal showers, and as hostess gifts too.
MELTING MOMENTS SHORTBREAD COOKIES
1 cup salted softened butter
5 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 cup corn starch 1 1/4 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients using mixer for approximately 3-5 minutes until a soft ball dough is formed. The dough will look like cornmeal prior to the dough ball forming.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drop by teaspoons unto un-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake until golden at edges, approximately 12 – 15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to completely cool on cookie sheet.
- Frost with glaze or frosting if desired. Refrigerate if necessary.