I saw a recipe similar to these on a menu and set out to replicate it. I’m not sure how close I came, but we loved them!
1 English muffin per person
2 eggs per person
enough leftover sweet and sour pulled pork
- Prepare Hollandaise sauce.
- Toast English muffins.
- Poach eggs.
- Layer together starting with English muffin, pulled pork, poached egg and the hollandaise sauce.
1/2 cup butter
3 large egg yolks
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
dash cayenne pepper or hot pepper sauce
2 tablespoons hot water
finely chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Heat butter in a heavy saucepan until hot and foamy, but not browned.
- In a small bowl, whisk or beat egg yolks with lemon juice, salt, and hot sauce.
- Gradually beat in butter, then water.
- Return mixture to saucepan and beat over very low heat until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Serve immediately or let stand over warm water for up to 30 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
Makes about 2/3 cup of hollandaise sauce.