Hubby loved it so much, he ate it for 3 nights in a row with no complaints!
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
1 1/2 pounds broccoli crowns, chopped large
1 large bunch green onions, sliced thin
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 large egg yolks
1/2 cup cream sherry
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Juice of 1 lemon
1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese
3 + 3 tablespoons butter
flour for dredging
- Dredge chicken pieces.
- In a large skillet melt 3 tablespoons of butter.
- When butter is sizzling add green onions and garlic, cooking a few minutes until garlic is fragrant.
- Add chicken pieces, generously salt and peppering. Saute’ until cooked through.
- Clean and rinse broccoli pieces. In a large sauce pan heat chicken broth and add a vegetable strainer with the broccoli. Steam until al dente. Reserve chicken broth.
- Arrange broccoli and chicken on platter and keep warm.
- Add remaining butter to skillet, scraping bits of chicken from the bottom of the skillet. Add the chicken broth, sherry and Worcestershire sauce, cooking until slightly reduced.
- Add heavy cream gradually, whisking all the while. Cook until starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat.
- Add egg yolks, lemon juice and half of the cheese, blending well.
- Pour sauce over chicken and broccoli.
- Top with remaining cheese.