Button mushrooms – 200grams , washed , pat dried and quatered
Onion- 1, chopped
Tomato – 1, chopped
Curry leaves- a few
Coriander powder- 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder -1 teaspoon
Oil- 2 teaspoons
Salt to taste
Saute with a little oil and grind to a smooth paste with a little water
Pearl onions- 5 numbers
Green chilli – 1
Aniseed- 1/2 teaspoon
Poppy seeds- 1 teaspoons
Cashewnuts- 5 numbers
Ginger- 1″ piece
Garlic- 2 cloves
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil and saute onion till translucent
- Put in tomato and cook till soft.
- Add the curry leaves, ground paste, coriander powder, chili powder, salt and mix well.
- Cook for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle a little water if the mixture is very dry.
- Put in the mushrooms and add 1/2 cup of water. Take care in this stage as water oozes out of mushrooms while cooking so adding too much water will make the gravy very watery.
- Pressure cook this for 1 whistle or 8- 10 minutes.
Once the pressure releases,transfer into a serving dish and serve garnished with coriander leaves.
- If the gravy becomes watery, cook uncovered for some time till the gravy reaches the desired consistency.
- Instead of cashew/ poppy seeds, grated coconut can be used.
- For a different flavor, garam masala/ sambar powder can be added in step 3