Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
Servings: 4 servings
See More Better Homes and Gardens Recipes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless pork rib or loin chops, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
1. In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Sprinkle chops with black pepper. Cook chops in hot oil for 6 to 8 minutes, until brown on outside and slightly pink in center, turning once halfway through cooking time. Remove chops from skillet; cover and keep warm.
2. For sauce, in same skillet cook and stir onion over medium heat for 3 minutes or until tender. Push onion aside. Remove skillet from heat; add orange juice and brown sugar. Return to heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Stir onions into sauce.
3. Spoon sauce over chops; sprinkle with crushed red pepper, if desired. Serve with steamed green beans.