I found tonight’s main dish on a blog, Gourmet Meals for Less, and I knew that Scott liked meatloaf so I thought I would give it a try.
Marvelous Mini Meatloaves–
makes 12 meatloaves
l pound extra-lean ground beef (1.69)
1 pkg. (6 oz.) Chicken flavored stuffing mix (use the cheapest you can find)
1 cup water
and choose from your favorite of the following combinations:
1 teaspoon italian seasoning, spaghetti sauce, shredded mozzarella
2 teaspoon chili powder, chunky salsa, mexi-cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder, bbq sauce, cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix meat, stuffing mix, water and preferred seasoning until well blended.
- Press into 12 muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray.
- Make indentation in center of each with back of spoon; fill each evenly with spoonful of preferred sauce.
- Bake 30-40 min. or until meatloaves are done (160°F).
- Top each meatloaf with sprinkle of cheese; bake 5 min. or until melted.
- Let stand 10 min.
Make Ahead and Freeze: Bake meatloaves as directed. Remove from muffin cups; cool completely. Place in single layer on baking sheet; freeze 1 hour. Transfer to airtight container. Store in freezer up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator, and then reheat in 375°F-oven 20 min. or until heated through.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the hamburger meat in a bowl and add the stuffing.
- Add 7-8 good dashes of Italian seasoning and 1 cup of water. Mix together.
- Spray a muffin pan with Pam and then stuff each pan with the meat.
- Push a little hole in the middle of each.
- Scoop in 1 Tbsp of spaghetti sauce in each (if you are making the Italian-style).
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Once the meat is cooked through, pull out and add cheese to the top. Put back in for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This is the type of meal, too, in which if some of the people in your family like Mexican and some like Italian then it would be easy to make 6 of each. Plus, I love how the recipe tells you how to make ahead and freeze, too.
If I could have changed one thing, I think next time I won’t get a chicken flavored stuffing. I think, instead, I would look to see what other varieties there were. For me, there was still just a hint of the taste of stuffing instead of traditional crumbled up crackers or I guess you could even use just bread crumbs as a binding.
Either way, we will definitely be having this meal again!
Hope you enjoy!