I am obviously drawn to similar type recipes. While going through my magazine recipe boxes I found 3 separate recipes for a similar style chicken. One recipe was for Bon Appetit and two from unknown sources. I picked through all the ingredients of all three recipes and chose the ingredients we like best to create my own recipe.
I also like to make the butter the day before so it becomes more flavorful.
PAN SEARED CHICKEN w/ HERB ROASTED TOMATO & SPINACH PAN SAUCE
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon sweet paprika
1/2 tablespoon dried tarragon
1/2 tablespoon dried marjoram
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups cherry tomatoes
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
sea salt and pepper
1 tablespoon heavy cream
- In a small bowl whisk together the butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, marjoram, paprika and tarragon. Chill for at least an hour.
- Melt 1/2 of the herb butter in a large skillet.
- Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and sear on each side until no longer pink inside (5-6 minutes per side).
- Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Add vinegar to de-glaze pan.
- Add tomatoes to skillet and increase heat until tomatoes char and burst (5-6 minutes). Crush tomatoes slightly to release juices.
- Add remaining butter to skillet.
- When melted, add the spinach and saute until just done.
- Add heavy cream and stir until well blended.
- Serve over chicken pieces and noodles.