In Italian cuisine, a ragù is a meat-based sauce, which is commonly served with pasta. Ragùs are many and varied. The commonalities among ragù recipes are all are meat-based and all are to be used as sauces for pasta.
BEEF and CARROT RAGU
1 1/2 pounds stew beef
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 package baby carrots, chopped
3 large Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 can tomato paste
1 cup red wine
salt and pepper
- Cut beef into large bite sized chunks. The chunks will cook down quite a bit.
- Place beef in slow cooker.
- Top with garlic.
- Generously sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with carrots.
- Top with tomato chunks.
- Whisk together the wine and tomato sauce.
- Pour over top
- Cover and cook 3-4 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
- Serve over egg noodles with a nice crusty baguette.