2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons WONDRA flour
1 cup milk
1 small bunch green onions, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese****
3 1/2 cups peeled, diced and cooked carrots
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 cup Panko crumbs, sauteed in butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan melt butter over a medium heat.
- Add flour and whisk until golden.
- Add salt and garlic powder.
- Add onions and blend well.
- Gradually add milk, whisking until smooth.
- Stir constantly until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add cheese and whisk until smooth consistency.
- Alternate layers of carrots and sauce in a buttered baking dish.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake 30 minutes.
****Changing the cheese flavor changes this dish considerably. I’ve experimented with several and found that Gruyere’ is an excellent alternative.