2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion, finely minced
1/2 sleeve saltine crackers, crushed
1 teaspoon minced garlic from the jar
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 jumbo egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all the meatball ingredients and blend well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Place meatballs on un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until browned and baked through.
- For frozen meatballs, put the sauce in the crock pot first and then stir in frozen meatballs. They’ll be ready in 3-4 hours.
*I sometimes cheat and buy the bags of meatballs from Costco or Sam’s Club
3/4 cup Welch’s grape jelly
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 3/4 cups Heinz chili sauce
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin slivers
- In a large saucepan combine jelly, chili sauce and vinegar.
- Bring to a soft boil and simmer 5 minutes stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Layer meatballs, peppers and spicy sauce in crock pot.
- Warm meatballs in sauce for 3-4 hours before serving.
You can put all the leftovers in the freezer together. Be sure to thaw them thoroughly before reheating.