CHOCOLATE CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKE BARS
2 cups flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 sticks butter, softened and cubed
2-8 ounce bars cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 JUMBO eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
2 medium apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 stick butter, melted
12 KRAFT caramels, melted in double boiler
4 ounces milk chocolate chips, melted in double boiler
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 pan with heavy duty foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with pastry blender until crumbly.
- Press firmly and evenly into pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, on medium speed until smooth.
- Add vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Pour over crust.
- In a small bowl combine the apples, 3 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss to coat.
- Spoon evenly over cream cheese layer.
- In a medium mixing bowl toss together the streusel ingredients until well blended.
- Sprinkle over apple layer.
- Bake 30 minutes or until filling is set.
- Drizzle with caramel and chocolate.
- Cool completely!
- After cooling lift the foil out of the pan. Fold foil out flat to cut the bars.
- Store bars covered in the refrigerator.