STIR FRIED GREEN BEANS WITH CASHEWS
1 pound green beans; washed, trimmed & cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 cup cashews, chopped small
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 cup soy sauce
Juice of 1 orange*
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
- In a small bowl whisk together the sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, garlic and orange juice until well blended. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk the cornstarch and water together. Set aside.
- In a skillet melt butter over medium high heat.
- Stir fry the green beans 5-7 minuted until tender.
- Add the cashews and soy sauce mixture.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture and simmer just until the sauce thickens and the beans are well glazed.
We had it with a slice of fresh bread and cantaloupe.
*You could substitute chicken broth.